Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July is No Spending Month

June was a shopping season for Singapore. The crazy Singapore sales got tome and we bought quite a few things. My month credit card bill has been so high for the past 3 months and I did not save any cash. One day I work up and declared that July is a no spending month, which means we are not going to buy things that we do not need.

On the 4th day, I went shopping with D and I saw a set of pot was on big discount. I did not buy any pots or utensil when I moved in with D. I continue to use his pot and plates that he brought from Canada. The pot handlers were plastic and they couldn't survive the gas stove any longer. It starts to fall out and it can be dangerous. Is that a must for me to get the pot now, may be not but it was a a good discount and something I have been looking for long. At the end, I used gift voucher to buy the pots. It cost S$129 but since we do not want to spend S$21 unnecessary, I used credit card to pay $29 and used S$100 voucher which I got from colleagues for A's full moon.

I am still holding on not to buy things this month. I hope it can be a success.

2 comments:

  1. Shopping is a good therapy if you can afford it. But of course, too much shopping will create logistic problems, like where are you going to store?? Unless you donate them out, else you place will be really messy. These days I will ask if I need it before I buy, but my only addict is on CDs. There is never an end to it! I should set up a stall selling 2nd hand CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiasu - buy from iTunes lor! No need physical!

    ReplyDelete