Wednesday, December 23, 2009

After So Long.........

Wow, I have not blog for almost 5 months. I was really busy, no doubt. After July trip To Toronto, I went again for family trip in September. It was a lot of hard work to take care of the little ones for 3 weeks. In October, I went to Paris, my company HQ. We were being treated very nicely, I hope they do this kind of meeting once a year. I then had my own team meeting in KL in end of October. The family went to Chennai in November to see their relatives that they have not met. This year, the family really traveled quite a bit. The kids went to Perth, Toronto and India this year. I hope they enjoy them while I am still heartaching about my money spent on those trips.

So what brings me to blog today? I have a new set of eyes. YES, Lasik was done yesterday and today I regained most of my eye sight. It is still blurry when I look at the screen or lights but I think it will improve gradually. Am I glad that I have done it? I really don't know. Yesterday, I almost wanted to kill those who encouraged me. I experienced so much pain in my eyes after the surgery. When my eyesight slowly came back, I guess my brain was trying to adjust and that caused me dizziness. It was so bad that I lied in my bed regretting it. After 4 painkiller and a goodnight sleep, today I feel better. I still have to be very careful with my eyes for 1week but I could do most of the daily activities, may be not carrying the kids because they may accidentally bump into my eyes. I think when the pain is over, I will assess again whether I have done the right thing for myself.

Doctor gave me 3 days off, 1 more day than what she normally gives to her patients because I complained about the pain. Yeh, I am going to enjoy lunch with my friends. Don't get it wrong, I really can't work because looking at the screen needs concentration and that dries up my eyes quickly and then they hurt. I have to put eye drops every 5 mins, so I am still not fit for work. I do think I choose the right time to do this surgery so I can rest over the long weekend.

For those that thinking to do Lasik, we can talk 1 month later :-)

1 comment: