Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Missing The News

I was in HK last week attending meetings. Before I left, I remember a kiasu tips which was to pre order the food on line with Singapore Airline. Just as what I expected, my food came first before others and it taste good. I think I will do the same next time.

HK was still the same, I was busy and couldn't meet up with some of my friends. I did meet up with one friend of mine who recently got connected again in Facebook. I was glad to see that she was doing well, probably getting married soon and live happily ever after. In our conversation, I learned about the Edison Chen scandal. I am not sure what happened in my life when the scandal happened, I missed the news entirely. Until now, I still couldn't see how I could miss such a big news of HK. D said it was because I did not red newspaper everyday. He did not know he is my newspaper. 

There is a price to pay to be famous. You have no privacy and you are constantly being judged of what you do and what you say. I am wondering if it worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Privacy and famous? Is like water and oil! But but there is a different perception in the west and east. Edison is in the east so when this thing blew up, he was used to be idolised and expected to set as a role model to the younger generations. The case has brought shame to the eastern culture!

    But but but, if this happened in the WEST! Really, nobody cares. They may be idolised, but the generations in most western country can accept this. Sex is free, everything is about freedom! Hence the way they were brought up was different too.

    ReplyDelete