Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Company Cost Cutting Measures (2)

Speaking of company cost cutting measures, I almost forgot that I was one of the victim. I had a promising career in the company, they told me I was in the top talent group and gave me stock option but one fine day, they sold me to another company, together with almost 2000 people worldwide. My perspective of work has changed since then. I felt betrayed, loyalty is worthless, hard work is not appreciated and promises are all lies. I do know that I am already much fortunate than those people who lose their job or had a pay cut but doesn't mean that I cannot complain about this.

Throughout the past many years, there are also many jobs moved from high cost country to low cost country. We benifit when jobs moved to us and we suffer when jobs move away from us. I am glad that I only did that when when the opportunity present itself in my organization. This is a business world, perhaps this is the reality that we all need to face. The survival skill is really do the job well, have respect with others and add value to the company. 



2 comments:

  1. It's true.. cost of sarong is RM20.. but the end product of the sarong baby - Armani T-Shirt, Philip something shoe, don't know what branded shirt and pants.. WAH.. even more eX!!

    ReplyDelete