Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Stars Purchases

In the past 2 years, we have bought a lot of things for my 2 kids. Some of them were good purchases and some were waste of money or unnecessary. These are some 'star purchases' that I would like to share with my friends who have baby at home. They make life much easier and it is worth to spend the money.

(1) Baby Bouncer is very useful as it gives your young infant an alternative place to hang out other than his bed. The bouncing effect makes them feel comfortable. I have one that can rock and vibrate but the vibration is not necessary. You can buy a hanger of toys as add on, something to entertain the baby when he is awakes. Mine is from fisher price, cost about S$100. My friends got this for me as a gift. 


(2) Tricycle is very useful if you have active toddler that like to go out but do not like to sit in the pram anymore. My son started to use it when he was about 10 months old. The beauty of this is that it has a post which you can steer to where you want to go, there is a basket for you to put the water bottle for the little one, there is a bar at the seat to prevent toddler from falling and you can remove the foot rest when the toddler is older where he can then paddle. I don't really care for the sun shade as it doesn't do much and block my view of the toddler. I bought this at Carrefour and paid about S$50 for it. 

(3) Foam Mat is good for infant and toddler to hang out. It helps define the place where they can play so that toys will not be everywhere on the floor. It is safe for infant who is learning how to roll over. Kids like colorful thing and some mat can be a puzzle for them to play as well. The only thing is you need to assemble them back for them.  For convenience purpose, you can buy the 2 feet wide but the 1 feet is more common and can make it more prevailing for kids. To make a 4 by 4 feet area, it cost around S$25.

4 comments:

  1. During my time, I think my parents only use Sarong. Hang the sarong and make me sleep inside the sarong, carry me with sarong wrapped around. At the end of the day, I turned out to be OK if not perfect. Cost of sarong? 20RM probably!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do not live in the zaman batu. This is part of human evolution, human invested all these to make live better. If everyone still use sarong, how the world improve?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that sarong baby turned sarong boy isn't OK wor :P ....

    anyway , good tips for the parents and me ,the chek chek who need to buy toys for kawan-kawan, I am a smarter buyer , getting things which is useful and helpful :) .... I like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People can improve through knowledge, technology makes us become lazy! Sarong rules!

    ReplyDelete