Friday, June 5, 2009

Colombo

Rotitelur used to travel frequently to Sri Lanka for work from 1999-2000. I think I have been there 8-9 times, sometime stayed for 2 weeks or so. Although there was concerns about security but I had enjoyed all the trips. I know few friends there whom I still stayed in touch and they were really really nice to me. 

Last week, I had the chance to visit the country once again because of work. Colombo has changed a lot. The airport is bigger and nicer now. There are more restaurants in town. More shopping places. In short, just like any developing country, Colombo is getting more charming than 9 years ago. I am sure that this place will continue to develop given that now the civil war has ended.

D has a friend who is an expat there. British husband, Thai wife with 1 beautiful children, 7 years old girl and 4 years old boy. So this friend of D invited me home for dinner. I had the best home cook Thailand ever, much better than any Thai restaurant I have been with, no kidding, it was that good. 

So, Colombo, I will definitely come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment