Friday, June 19, 2009

Full Time Mum?

June month is Singapore school holiday. My baby sitter took a week off to bring her children back to her home town. I gladly agree even though that means D & I had to take turn and take day off from work to take care of the kids at home. It ended up that I took Monday to Wednesday off and D took Thursday and Friday off. When comes to taking care of the kids, most of the time we are quite equal.

People always asked me the big question, will you resign and take care of your children. Actually it is not something up to me because I needed the money to maintain our lifestyle. But one will say, money is not everything.. I always think it would be good if I can have a less stressful and demanding work which allows me to do a 9-5 job, then it would be ideal. However, on the other hand, I am kind of a workaholic, I would think less of myself if I don't have a career. Sad to say that I use my career to validate myself.

So after 3 days being full time mum at home, the answer is still no, I really do not see myself as a stay home mum. I respect those who are because they are doing a job that is so big, so much scarifies and so little glamourous reward.

1 comment:

  1. well said. I myself also respect the full time mum, like you highlighted, with so little glamorous reward :)

    ReplyDelete